April 24, 2013
- Lilly Reports First-Quarter 2013 Results
- Novartis net sales increased 2% (+4% cc) to USD 14.0 billion in the first quarter, with all divisions contributing to growth. Currency had a negative impact of 2 percentage points. Excluding the impact of patent expiries, underlying sales grew 7%. This was fueled by growth products such as Gilenya, Afinitor, Tasigna, Galvus, Lucentis, Xolair, Arcapta...
- Osaka, Japan, April 24, 2013 --- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited ("Takeda") announced today that it submitted a New Drug Application ("NDA") to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan for a fixed-dose combination ("FDC") of Azilva® tablets* (ge
- Concerns have been raised in the media about certain stem cell therapy treatments. These sorts of new techniques potentially offer exciting possibilities to patients for the treatment of a range of difficult or previously untreatable conditions. Like all treatments, these techniques also come with benefits and risks....
- • Net sales rose by 11.5 percent to around €14.7 billion• High future-oriented investment again in R&D/tangible assets• Sales of PRADAXA® exceeded €1 billion• Animal Health sales passed €1 billion for the first time• Further growth expected for the current financial year
April 23, 2013
- Researchers have long known that cancerous tumors grow collections of abnormal blood cells, the fuel that feeds this disease and keeps it growing. Now, new evidence in an animal model suggests that blood vessels in the fat tissue of obese individuals could provide the same purpose - and could provide the key to a new way for people to lose weight.