May 17, 2013
May 16, 2013
- Injectable nanoparticles developed at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) may someday eliminate the need for patients with Type 1 diabetes to constantly monitor their blood-sugar levels and inject themselves with insulin. The nanoparticles were designed to sense glucose levels in the body and respond by secreting the appropriate amount of insulin, thereby replacing the function of pancreatic islet cells, which are destroyed in patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- – GenoExplorers Seeks to Introduce Middle School Students to Genetics Concepts Through Interactive Learning – BOSTON, Mass. – May 16, 2013 – Today the Biogen Idec Foundation announced a $250,000 grant to East End House to develop, implement and evaluate an interactive out-of-school-time (OST) genetics program for middle school youth in Cambridge. The new program, known as GenoExplorers, will offer hands-on experiments, collaboration with local scientists and field trips that aim to introduce...
- The European Medicines Agency will be closed from 6.30pm on Friday 17 May until 7.30am on Tuesday 21 May 2013.
- The European Medicines Agency supports World Hypertension Day, which is taking place on Friday 17 May 2013.
- AstraZeneca today announced that it will be moving three of its cancer compounds forward to Phase III clinical development. As set out at its Investor Day in March, oncology is one of the company's core therapy areas and accelerating the development of a number of new molecular entities in its pipeline is a strategic priority.
- Osaka, Japan, May 16, 2013 --- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited ("Takeda") announced today the results of a Phase III clinical trial (CCT-003) of fasiglifam (Development code:TAK-875) for the treatment of type 2 diabetes presented at the 56th Annual Meeting of the Japan Diabetes Socie
- First patient enrolled in Phase III clinical trial for moxetumomab pasudotox as a treatment for unresponsive or relapsed hairy cell leukaemia patients. Olaparib planned to progress to Phase III for platinum-sensitive relapsed ovarian cancer patients with BRCA mutations in 2013. Selumetinib planned to progress to Phase III for non small cell lung cancer patients with KRAS mutations in 2013. AstraZeneca today announced that it will be moving three of its cancer compounds forward to Phase III...
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. and TOKYO, Japan, May 15, 2013 - AVEO Oncology (NASDAQ: AVEO) and Astellas Pharma Inc. (TSE: 4503) today announced that additional data from the Phase 3 TIVO-1 trial (vozanib ersus srafenib in st line advanced RCC) of investigational agent tivozanib in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) will be presented at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (...