May 22, 2013
- Roche announced today at the IFCC Euromedlab in Milan, Italy that it will soon introduce the cobas 8100 automated workflow series, a new solution for use in diagnostic laboratories. cobas 8100 automates numerous routine diagnostic laboratory tasks, while maximising patient safety.
May 16, 2013
- Roche today announced the first results from CLL11, a phase III study of the investigational medicine GA101 which is being conducted in collaboration with the German CLL Study Group (GCLLSG).
May 15, 2013
- Tarceva is the first personalised medicine approved for the initial treatment of people with EGFR mutation-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer in the United States.
- First phase III data on obinutuzumab (GA101) in one of the most commonly diagnosed blood cancers; Early stage data on investigational anti-PDL1 immunotherapy
April 30, 2013
- Roche announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved ACTEMRA (tocilizumab) for the treatment of polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (PJIA). The medicine can be used in children two years of age and older with active disease. ACTEMRA can be given alone or in combination with methotrexate (MTX) in people with PJIA.
April 26, 2013
- Roche announced today that the European Union’s Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended conditional approval of Erivedge (vismodegib) for the treatment of adult patients with symptomatic metastatic basal cell carcinoma, or locally advanced basal cell carcinoma inappropriate for surgery or radiotherapy.
April 23, 2013
- Roche today announced changes to the management and set-up of its life-science business. The Applied Science Business Area will be dissolved and its portfolio of products integrated within Roche's other Diagnostics Business Areas. This will streamline decision-making and enhance technology flow from research use to the clinical setting.
April 15, 2013
- Roche and Ascletis announced today that they have entered into a collaboration to develop and commercialize Roche’s investigational drug danoprevir in China for the treatment of Hepatitis-C Virus (HCV).
April 11, 2013
- Group sales increase 6% at CER to 11.6 billion Swiss francs; Pharmaceuticals sales rise 7% to 9.2 billion Swiss francs, driven by cancer medicines and Tamiflu; Successful launches of Kadcyla and Perjeta strengthen HER2-positive breast cancer franchise
April 4, 2013
- Roche today announced the global launch (except US) of Elecsys Calcitonin, a new laboratory test for the diagnosis and lifelong monitoring of medullary thyroid cancer patients after thyroid surgery.