May 16, 2013
- Osaka, Japan, May 16, 2013 --- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited ("Takeda") announced today the results of a Phase III clinical trial (CCT-003) of fasiglifam (Development code:TAK-875) for the treatment of type 2 diabetes presented at the 56th Annual Meeting of the Japan Diabetes Socie
May 8, 2013
Tokyo, May 8, 2013 – Astellas Pharma Inc. (Astellas; Tokyo: 4503) today announced its selection results based on a3 (a-cube), a website (http://www.astellas.com/jp/a-cube/) launched on May 17, 2011 with the aim of inviting public participation in joint research for drug discovery from researchers at universities, research institutes and businesses...
April 25, 2013
- Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, commenting on the results, said: "As anticipated, the first quarter performance reflects the loss of exclusivity for several large products. We remain focused on our strategic priorities of returning to growth and achieving scientific leadership. Brilinta, the diabetes franchise, Emerging Markets, Japan and our Respiratory products have all made good progress and we continued to invest in distinctive science that will advance our knowledge of disease...
April 24, 2013
- Osaka, Japan, April 24, 2013 --- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited ("Takeda") announced today that it submitted a New Drug Application ("NDA") to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan for a fixed-dose combination ("FDC") of Azilva® tablets* (ge
April 8, 2013
TOKYO, April 8, 2013 - Astellas Pharma Inc. (“Astellas”; Tokyo:4503; President and CEO: Yoshihiko Hatanaka) today announced that Astellas participated in the Global Health Innovative Technology Fund (GHIT Fund), the first public-private partnership of its kind in Japan. The GHIT Fund has been established to advance the research and development of new medicines, vaccines and diagnostics to fight infectious...
- The GHIT Fund is a partnership between the Government of Japan, a consortium of Japanese pharmaceutical companies (in alphabetical order: Astellas Pharma Inc.; Daiichi Sankyo Company Ltd.; Eisai Co., Ltd.; Shionogi & Co., Ltd.; Takeda), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance
April 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA and Tokyo, Japan – April 1, 2013 – Medivation, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDVN) and Astellas Pharma Inc. (TSE: 4503) today announced that the companies have established an updated interim analysis plan for the PREVAIL trial, a global Phase 3 clinical trial evaluating XTANDI® (enzalutamide) capsules in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) who have not yet received chemotherapy. The planned...
April 1, 2013
- Osaka, Japan, April 1, 2013 --- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”) today received a sanction from the Osaka Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (“OPMA”) for a violation of the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act related to the voluntary recall of ALI
March 27, 2013
- Osaka, Japan, March 27, 2013 –Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”) announced today that it has submitted New Drug Applications (“NDAs”) for cell culture-based pandemic influenza vaccines (H5N1 and prototype*) to the Ministry of Health, La
- Osaka, Japan, March 27, 2013 --- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (“Takeda”) today announced that it has submitted a New Drug Application (“NDA”) to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan for a fixed-dose combination of Takepron (generic name