April 30, 2013
- Roche announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved ACTEMRA (tocilizumab) for the treatment of polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (PJIA). The medicine can be used in children two years of age and older with active disease. ACTEMRA can be given alone or in combination with methotrexate (MTX) in people with PJIA.
April 26, 2013
- Roche announced today that the European Union’s Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has recommended conditional approval of Erivedge (vismodegib) for the treatment of adult patients with symptomatic metastatic basal cell carcinoma, or locally advanced basal cell carcinoma inappropriate for surgery or radiotherapy.
April 23, 2013
- Roche today announced changes to the management and set-up of its life-science business. The Applied Science Business Area will be dissolved and its portfolio of products integrated within Roche's other Diagnostics Business Areas. This will streamline decision-making and enhance technology flow from research use to the clinical setting.
April 15, 2013
- Roche and Ascletis announced today that they have entered into a collaboration to develop and commercialize Roche’s investigational drug danoprevir in China for the treatment of Hepatitis-C Virus (HCV).
April 11, 2013
- Group sales increase 6% at CER to 11.6 billion Swiss francs; Pharmaceuticals sales rise 7% to 9.2 billion Swiss francs, driven by cancer medicines and Tamiflu; Successful launches of Kadcyla and Perjeta strengthen HER2-positive breast cancer franchise
April 4, 2013
- Roche today announced the global launch (except US) of Elecsys Calcitonin, a new laboratory test for the diagnosis and lifelong monitoring of medullary thyroid cancer patients after thyroid surgery.
March 18, 2013
- Roche announced today that the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has expanded the approval of Pegasys (peginterferon alfa-2a) plus ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV). The new label includes children and adolescents five years of age and older, who have not received treatment and who have tested positive for the virus.
March 6, 2013
- Viral load test uses a novel dual-probe approach designed to manage patients being treated with antiviral therapies.
March 5, 2013
- Roche announced today that its Ordinary Annual General Meeting voted in favour of all the Board of Directors' proposals. The 748 shareholders in attendance, representing 88.8% of the total of 160,000,000 shares, approved the Annual Report, the financial statements and the consolidated financial statements for 2012.
- Franz B. Humer, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Roche Group, announced at today’s Annual General Meeting that he will not stand for re-election to the Board in 2014. Roche will nominate a successor for the chairmanship in autumn 2013.