April 25, 2013
- Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, commenting on the results, said: "As anticipated, the first quarter performance reflects the loss of exclusivity for several large products. We remain focused on our strategic priorities of returning to growth and achieving scientific leadership. Brilinta, the diabetes franchise, Emerging Markets, Japan and our Respiratory products have all made good progress and we continued to invest in distinctive science that will advance our knowledge of disease...
April 22, 2013
- AstraZeneca and BIND Therapeutics announced today that they have entered into a strategic collaboration to develop and commercialise an Accurin™, a targeted and programmable cancer nanomedicine from BIND’s Medicinal Nanoengineering platform, based on a molecularly targeted kinase inhibitor developed and owned by AstraZeneca.
April 5, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced top-line results of OSKIRA-1, a Phase III study to assess the efficacy and safety of fostamatinib, the first oral spleen tyrosine kinase (SYK) inhibitor in development for rheumatoid arthritis (RA). OSKIRA-1 had two primary endpoints: assessing signs and symptoms of RA as measured by ACR20 response rates, and an X-ray endpoint known as mTSS (modified Total Sharp Score).
April 3, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that MedImmune, its global biologics research and development arm, has acquired AlphaCore Pharma, an Ann Arbor, Michigan-based biotechnology company focused on the development of ACP-501, a recombinant human lecithin-cholesterol acyltransferase (LCAT) enzyme.
April 2, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey ruled that AstraZeneca’s US Patent No. 6,598,603 (“the ‘603 patent”), protecting PULMICORT RESPULES in the US, is invalid. The Court further ruled that the generic defendants involved in the litigation do not infringe AstraZeneca’s second patent, US Patent No. 7,524,834 (“the ‘834 patent”).
March 25, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that it has entered into a settlement agreement in its US patent infringement litigation against Watson Laboratories, Inc., Actavis, Inc. (formerly known as Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.), and EGIS Pharmaceuticals regarding Watson’s proposed rosuvastatin zinc product. Watson, a successor of Cobalt, also agreed not to further appeal a decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit that upheld the validity and enforceability of the CRESTOR® (rosuvastatin...
March 21, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that Marc Dunoyer is to join the company in the newly created role of Executive Vice President, Global Portfolio & Product Strategy.
- AstraZeneca will today outline its strategy to return to growth and achieve scientific leadership. Results of the annual strategy review will be presented at AstraZeneca’s Investor Day briefing in New York.
- AstraZeneca and the Swedish medical university Karolinska Institutet announced today their intention to create an Integrated Translational Research Centre for cardiovascular and metabolic disease and regenerative medicine located at Karolinska Institutet’s site in Stockholm, Sweden. The Centre will be set up to conduct preclinical and clinical studies aimed at advancing the understanding of cardiovascular and metabolic disease pathophysiology and assessing new drug targets for AstraZeneca’s two...
- AstraZeneca today announced an exclusive agreement with Moderna Therapeutics to discover, develop and commercialise pioneering messenger RNA therapeutics™ for the treatment of serious cardiovascular, metabolic and renal diseases as well as cancer. Messenger RNA therapeutics™ are an entirely new treatment approach that enables the body to produce therapeutic protein in vivo, opening up new treatment options for a wide range of diseases that cannot be addressed today using existing technologies.