June 19, 2013
- AstraZeneca and Bristol-Myers Squibb announced today top-line results of the Phase IV SAVOR-TIMI-53 (Saxagliptin Assessment of Vascular Outcomes Recorded in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus) clinical trial of Onglyza ® (saxagliptin). In this study of adult patients with type 2 diabetes with either a history of established cardiovascular disease or multiple risk factors, Onglyza met the primary safety objective of non inferiority, and did not meet the primary efficacy objective of superiority,...
June 18, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that its new UK-based global research and development centre and corporate headquarters will be located at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus on the southern outskirts of the city. By 2016, the new site will house a highly-skilled workforce of approximately 2,000.
June 17, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that MedImmune, its global biologics research and development arm, and NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. have entered into an exclusive agreement to discover, develop and commercialise novel therapeutics from NGM’s enteroendocrine cell (EEC) programme for the treatment of type 2 diabetes and obesity.
June 10, 2013
- AstraZeneca announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Pearl Therapeutics, a privately held company based in Redwood City, California, focused on the development of inhaled small-molecule therapeutics for respiratory disease.
June 4, 2013
- Rights to the compound will be returned to Rigel Pharmaceuticals
June 3, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced it has entered into an agreement with Hanmi Pharmaceutical and affiliates (“Hanmi”) and its US marketing partner Amneal Pharmaceuticals (“Amneal”) to resolve certain issues and appeal others in US Nexium patent litigation regarding Hanmi’s Esomeprazole Strontium 505(b)2 NDA product. The agreement eliminates the need for a trial at the US District Court for the District of New Jersey (“District Court”), thus avoiding considerable trial costs.
May 28, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Omthera Pharmaceuticals, a specialty pharmaceutical company based in Princeton, New Jersey, focused on the development and commercialisation of new therapies for abnormal levels of lipids in the blood, referred to as dyslipidemia.
May 25, 2013
- AstraZeneca today announced that the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit issued a temporary injunction blocking generic manufacturers from distributing generic versions of PULMICORT RESPULES in the US until the Court rules on AstraZeneca’s appeal of a District Court decision that found one patent protecting the product to be invalid and another patent not infringed. As a condition of the injunction, the Court has also ordered that AstraZeneca post a bond in the amount of $72 million.
May 16, 2013
- First patient enrolled in Phase III clinical trial for moxetumomab pasudotox as a treatment for unresponsive or relapsed hairy cell leukaemia patients. Olaparib planned to progress to Phase III for platinum-sensitive relapsed ovarian cancer patients with BRCA mutations in 2013. Selumetinib planned to progress to Phase III for non small cell lung cancer patients with KRAS mutations in 2013. AstraZeneca today announced that it will be moving three of its cancer compounds forward to Phase III...
April 29, 2013
- The taskforce set up to assure the future of the Alderley Park site in Cheshire held its first meeting on Friday, attended by George Osborne MP.